Guest Blog: Happyologist
Happiness and success don’t always go hand in hand, but an abundance of the former can only be a catalyst for lots of the latter! We invited Susanna Halonen from Happyologist to tell us how you can spread good through joy…
Happyologist is a blog I started to share my insights and experiences on what makes people happy and what spreads good vibes around us. You have a right to be happy in this world and all of us have an equal chance to find happiness – but sometimes we do need to work on it! Happyologist inspires you to find happiness in life and at work through practical tips, cool TED talks and thoughts on the topic. This hopes to bring you more success in your adventures as happiness fuels success (and not the other way around).
Doing good is a big part of finding happiness. And what do I mean with doing good? I think it can be split into two. The first is about doing good to others: being generous, helping out and doing acts of kindness. The second is about doing good to yourself: being true to yourself, doing what you love and following your dreams. This will bring out the best in you and let the people around you experience you at your best, spreading even more good vibes in every direction.
Here’s some inspiration on how you can do some good around you at anytime of the day.
- Smile. Spread some positive energy.
- Hold the door open. You can wait a few seconds for the person behind you.
- Treat someone to a coffee or tea. Whether it’s paying the Starbucks of the person behind you in the queue or making tea for your colleague in the office.
- Complement a stranger. It will make their day – and yours too!
- Put a coin in an expired parking meter. Simple but powerful!
Remember to also do some good to yourself – smiling is definitely a good start as it does send positive vibes around your body right away! But on a bigger scale, here’s some tips on that front:
- Just be you. Be true to yourself and who you are.
- Aim high, dream big, be ambitious. Believe in yourself.
- Take care of yourself. Invest in your health and wellbeing. You need to be fit to spread more good vibes around you.
- Follow your passions. Do what you love. Everything is possible if you work hard on it.
- Do more of what you do well. Use your strengths. You’ll enjoying doing what you’re good at.
What do you do to spread good vibes around you and within you? Leave us a comment and let us know!